APEX ASIA GETS A FLYING START
The first APEX Asia exhibition in Shanghai in 2017 was a resounding success with more than 5,000 visitors viewing the largest collection of powered access equipment ever seen in China.
The show took place as part of the successful CeMAT Asia exhibition, the material handling and factory automation show that is held every year in Shanghai, which attracted more than 95,000 visitors.
The exhibition benefitted from being held alongside the International Rental Conference (IRC). IRC attracted more than 450 delegates, including many of China’s largest rental companies and representatives from major rental companies worldwide.
“Feedback from the exhibitors was extremely positive, with some already asking to book larger stands for the next edition”, said Tony Kenter, managing director of show organiser Industrial Promotions International (IPI). “We knew that there was demand for a showcase like this, but the success of the first APEX Asia has surpassed our expectations.”
APEX Asia 2017 – attendees
- More than 5,000 visitors registered for APEX Asia
- More than 95,000 visitors to CeMAT Asia had free access to APEX Asia
- More than 450 delegates to IRC rental conference attended APEX Asia
- Delegates represented a wide range of sectors:
- 43% in construction or rental
- 23% in factory & industrial maintenance
- 15% from petrochem/energy/utilities
- 20% from transport/airports/events/facilities management
- 4% from ports/shipbuilding
- 85% of visitors had influence on purchasing decisions. 70% of these are responsible for procurement or final decision-makers
Shanghai area 30%
Other China 62%
Rest of world 6.5%